Religious studies is the study of religious belief systems from various disciplinary perspectives (sociology, anthropology, comparative cultural studies, philosophy, literature, art and architecture, political science, etc) it is not a degree in theology per se, though the study of scriptural. Gcse content from bbc bitesize for students in england, northern ireland or wales choose the exam specification that matches the one you study. The department of religious studies is committed to exploring and analyzing religion in a non-sectarian way our courses cover a variety of religious traditions embedded in myth, ritual, art, ethics, doctrine, philosophy, literature, asceticism and. The academic study of religion at the college of charleston is an integral part of the liberal arts the department's curriculum provides students with an understanding of diverse religious traditions, an exposure to a variety of approaches employed within the academic study of religion as well as an opportunity to explore different. Explore religious studies and whether it's the right major for you learn how to find schools and universities with strong programs for this major. Religious studies in action: kate bradshaw, a religious studies and international studies double major, stands in la plaza de espana, in seville, spain she took a semester abroad studying the spanish and arabic languages as well as the islamic history of the iberian peninsula.
Help support continued excellence in our department congratulations to dr ashlee andrews on her successful dissertation defense she will be joining the faculty at the university of north carolina-greensboro in a tenure track position in the fall. Take a guided tour round 7 of london’s principal religious buildings in full 360° detail.
Mission at st francis college, religious studies aims to enable students to understand and appreciate the religious beliefs and practices of all peoples in historical and cultural perspectives and to offer to each student the means to a disciplined reflection on the life of religious faith. Download the religious studies handout the importance of religion in world affairs has become very clear over the past few years the world is changing, and religious passion is at the heart of many of these changes. Religious studies the program in religious studies develops in students critical understanding of the forms of religious phenomena in their cultural and historical contexts and a sensitivity to different value systems. The psychology of religion is concerned with the psychological principles operative in religious communities and practitioners william james's the varieties of religious experience analyzed personal experience as contrasted with the social phenomenon of religion.
Religious studies department humanities and social sciences building room 505 981 grant street indiana, pa 15705 phone: 724-357-1360 fax: 724-357-4039 office.
- Department of religious studies undergraduate graduate faculty friends news events contact apply support in memoriam we invite all religious studies.
- The religious studies is proud to introduce a new tutoring resource for students who are taking lower-division religious studies courses the tutors are exceptional students that are not only religious studies majors, but have taken various religious studies.
- The department of religious studies the department of religious studies at brown university provides students with an understanding of diverse religious traditions, an exposure to a variety of approaches employed within the academic study of religion, as well as an opportunity to explore diverse intellectual, social-theoretical, and ethical.
- Religious studies explores religion in its myriad forms, expressions, and impacts on the human condition we recognize that religion is not merely a matter of individual belief: it is deeply intertwined with human knowledge, cultural tradition, societal practice, and political context.
- Our religious studies program serves as excellent preparation for graduate studies and any number of career choices built on a solid liberal arts foundation.
Asu’s ba in religious studies offers a curriculum that explores diversity of religions of the world within historical, social and cultural context. The objectives of the religious studies major are best attained in the context of a liberal arts education the curriculum helps students develop the capacity for scholarship and disciplined thought on the subject of religion. Overview of hamilton college academics 129fs native american spiritualities in order to develop a broad understanding of the religious lives of native americans, we explore diverse practices and worldviews. We are leaders in humanities-based research and educationas the largest transdisciplinary school in the humanities at arizona state university, we strive to create excellent educational programs spanning history, philosophy and religious studies. Religious studies undergraduate major at uc berkeley - administered by the office of undergraduate and interdisciplinary studies. In the religious studies department, we help you reflect about faith through the study of scripture, christian tradition and religion in today’s world.